Summer is here, and it’s never fun getting stuck somewhere with broken air conditioning. Even worse is when your car’s air conditioning system stops working, making running errands and commuting to work an all-around unenjoyable experience. Sitting in the heat sweating with your legs stuck to the seat is an experience best left avoided. If you’re car’s air conditioning system hasn’t been performing as it should, or if you just want to look the system over, no time is better than at the beginning of summer. Here’s a guide on how to check your car’s air conditioning system and make sure it’s in proper working order.
- First, check the fans, the temperature of the air flow, and your car’s air filter: These are simple checks that may resolve the issue without causing a headache. Check to make sure the fans are blowing and the air coming out is cool. If very little air is coming out, you will to check your car’s air filter to make sure it’s clear and not obstructing air flow. If these checks don’t resolve the issue, move on to step 2.
- Check A/C compressor: The A/C compressor is located in the engine bay. To check to make sure that the A/C compressor is working, have your car on, the air conditioner running, and make sure that the compressor’s pulley is rotating. If it’s not, there could be a problem with the compressor and you will want to take your car into a service center to have the system looked at. If you’d like, you can add refrigerant and check for cracks in the system on your own, but it may be easier to have it looked at by a professional.
Sometimes checking your car’s air conditioning is a technical task you just don’t have time for in your busy schedule. Feel free to contact us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi for an appointment if you need assistance.
As we become closer and closer to June and the official beginning of summer, many of us will be dreaming up summer road trips to take with friends or family members. Before setting out on your adventures, however, you should prepare your vehicle to face the heat and long hours of driving. Here are some tips on how to get your car road-trip ready for the summer months.
- Check your oil, all fluid levels, and tires: Before hitting the road, you will want to perform a few basic checks on your vehicle. You will want to check your oil, windshield wiper fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and coolant levels. This last one is particularly important, as it helps keep the engine cool while on the go. You will also want to check your tire pressure and tire treads, making sure your tires are adequately filled and that your tires are in good shape for long hours of driving.
- Clean or replace your cabin’s air filter: If you’ll be spending a lot of time in the car, you’ll want to make sure that your car’s air filter is clean or new (if you haven’t changed it in a couple years).
- Make sure your air conditioning is in good working order: Driving around in the heat is no fun, so you will want to check your car’s air conditioner, making sure all parts are in good shape and that it’s in proper working order.
If your vehicle isn’t quite ready for a long road trip, come see the team at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi for a new car or the repairs your current ride needs.
Are you on the prowl for the perfect present for your loved one this Valentine’s Day? Try homemade Valentine’s Day gifts instead. After all, what’s more romantic than something you made yourself?
If your significant other has a green thumb, maybe they will appreciate a plant! You can put your own fingerprint on this present, however, but painting the pot and presenting it with a funny plant-themed pun.
Follow this cute tutorial for a way to create a unique kind of bouquet using tissue paper and lollipops for your sweetie.
Bath & Body Treats
Does the object of your affections like things like bath bombs and body scrubs? Make some DIY products like this strawberry scrub or follow a bath bomb tutorial.
Even if you can’t come up with a unique gift on your own, you can make the packaging yourself! Make this gift box at home and put treats in it like candy hearts and chocolates.
Have a way with words? Add some extra flair to a heartfelt card with pop-ups.
These ideas for ways to add a DIY touch to your Valentine’s Day gifts are sure to impress your loved one. Try one out for yourself. You just might surprise yourself with your creativity.
2018 is already here, and you may have already spent the first few weeks keeping your New Year resolutions. However, as everyone knows, those resolutions start to slip as February and March come along, so here’s some advice for keeping on top of your goals.
Make Sure You Picked the Right One
Did you dive right into a total diet and exercise regime just because that’s what everyone does? You might want to reevaluate your resolutions and make sure you really want to do it. If not, pick a different goal that’s more your style.
Measure Your Progress
Your resolution should be something quantifiable. Keep track of milestones, like how much money you’re putting in savings once a week or how many pounds you want to lose per month.
Have a Realistic Timeline
Having ambitious goals can be inspiring, but it can also be overwhelming. Having good time management skills can help you set more realistic resolutions that can be achieved in a year.
Keep Resolutions Specific
“Lose 15 pounds” is a more specific goal than “lose weight.” Having a specific resolution makes it easy to keep your eyes on the prize.
Using these tips, keeping your New Year’s resolutions will be easier than ever. Try assessing your goals for 2018 and ensuring they fit you and your lifestyle.
Choosing your New Year’s resolution now is a great way to get ahead. Plus, by planning carefully, you may be more likely to achieve your goals. That’s why we at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi have created a list of ideas for your next resolution. Whether you’d like to exercise more or you’d simply like to learn something new, there is something for everyone.
Most people are more likely to stick to their resolutions if they pick specific goals. Daring to Live Fully suggests eating fewer calories as one of the top resolutions. You should always consult your doctor before making major dietary changes, but one of the best changes for those who want to lose weight is eating fewer calories. Set a goal for each week. Maybe one week you’ll cut back 50 calories a day, while the next you can cut back 100 calories.
Next, try to read more. Reading is not only a great way to learn, but it’s also a relaxing experience for most people. If you like fiction, try reading the top 10 American novels of all time. Like poetry? Try to read all of the British Romantics or everything from the Beat Generation. If you like nonfiction, there are a score of memoirs published every year that are worth consideration. Again, setting specific goals will help you stick to your resolution.
Other great resolution ideas include getting more exercise, meditating once a week, or hiking more often. You can also organize all your documents, create a business plan, or try to learn a new hobby like knitting, fishing, or the guitar. You can’t go wrong with these resolutions.
New Year’s Eve is one of the most memorable days of the year, making it the perfect time for a party. Here at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi, we’re created a list of tips for planning a New Year’s Eve party. From games and food to music, we’re including several things that every party should have. Above all else, you can creative a festive celebration while also keeping all your attendees safe.
According to Real Simple, games are a must. You’ll want to keep your partygoers entertained, and simple games are a great way to break the ice. For example, you can play a guessing game by having attendees write their resolutions on a card and having everyone else guess who it is. Alternatively, you could play a fill-in-the-blank game with resolution ideas.
Next, get the right snacks. While some people make a traditional pork and sauerkraut dish for New Year’s Day, you’ll be safe with snack food at your party the night before. Almonds and carrots are a great healthy choice, though some may prefer shrimp cocktails, chips and dip, or even cheese fondue. Champagne is a classic drink, though you may also want to experiment with Prosecco. Naturally, be sure to get designated drivers if partygoers plan to drink.
Finally, get the right music. Classic songs include “What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve” by Ella Fitzgerald and “Let’s Start the New Year Right” by Bing Crosby. ABBA has a “Happy New Year” song, and “Funky New Year” by the Eagles is bound to set the right tone. As the ball drops, you may also want to consider “Auld Lang Syne” by Mariah Carey. These are just some of the songs to include on your New Year’s mix. With the right games, snacks, and songs, you’re bound to have a blast.
Autumn is already in full-swing, while winter is set to arrive fairly soon. Fortunately, for those of us who live in Arizona, these two seasons are a little milder then they would be elsewhere in the country. As such, there is still plenty of time to explore the natural beauty that the Grand Canyon State has to offer. Here are just a few relaxing getaways in Arizona to plan a trip to this year.
The Grand Canyon
Speaking of the Grand Canyon State, no list of Arizona attractions would be complete without a mention of one of the world’s natural wonders: the Grand Canyon itself. While crowds can pile up for this national attraction during the summer months, things tend to die down a bit in the fall and winter. Plus, you don’t have to deal with the sweltering heat, either.
Chiricahua National Monument
While the Grand Canyon might be Arizona’s most famous national monument, it certainly isn’t the only monument located here. Arizona residents will also enjoy the Chiricahua National Monument. Dubbed the “wonderland of rocks,” Chiricahua National Monument is home to some of the most fascinating rock formations found anywhere in the world.
Bill Williams River National Wildlife Refuge
If you’re a big bird enthusiast, then the Bill Williams River National Wildlife Refuge is undoubtedly the place for you. Each year, a variety of different avian species migrate to Arizona to escape the harsher winters up north. One of the best places to spot these birds is along the riverbank at this wildlife refuge.
If you happen to be relaxing near the Tucson area anytime soon, then be sure to stop into Quebedeaux Mitsubishi! We’ll provide you with the ideal vehicle for your tranquil travels.
While the Southwest does not get the same autumn experience as Americans further north, we have a lot to be thankful for as the harvest comes in. Consider these harvest festivals to explore in Arizona to get in the season’s spirit.
- Pumpkin Days & Corn Maze – This fall festival in Glendale runs from November 1st through November 5th. According to OnlyInYourState.com, the event at Tolmachoff Farms is an annual tradition. If you really want to experience everything fall, consider heading here for corn mazes, a petting zoo, and a pumpkin patch.
- Celebraciones de la Gente – Visit this event in Flagstaff to get a closer look at the Mexican celebration of Día de los Muertos. On October 21st and 22nd you can experience the fun and traditions of this holiday with food, music, dancing, and Mexican hot chocolate.
- Arizona Harvest Fest – On November 12th, Chandler will be holding a fall festival to celebrate the end of the season. This festival is perhaps best known for its open-air market that lets you get a head start on your holiday shopping. It also has a beer garden and live entertainment.
Here at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi, we really enjoy celebrating the fall season. Come see us if your vehicle needs a tune-up before a tour of area fall festivals.
If you live in Arizona, you know that this is one of the most interesting states in the whole US, with rich history and all kinds of things to do. Enjoy these Arizona fun facts and trivia and learn things you never knew about our state!
The most abundant mineral found in Arizona is copper, which might not surprise you, since the roof of the Capitol building is covered in it! The copper on the Capitol building’s roof is equivalent to 4,800,000 pennies.
Arizona has been the home of a number of famous historical figures. Ceaser Chavez, the famous labor leader, was born in Yuma, and 1964 presidential candidate Barry Goldwater was from Phoenix. Frank Lloyd Wright even built his architectural studio in Phoenix in 1939.
Arizona is known for its beautiful natural landmarks like the world-famous Grand Canyon, but it’s also home to a range of unique manmade objects. One such object is the world’s largest solar telescope, which can be found in Kitts Peak National Observatory in Sells, Arizona.
Another notable fact about Arizona is its incredible Native American presence. The oldest Native American settlement in the US, Oraibi, was founded by the Hopi, who are especially famous for growing multicolored corn. Of all the states in the US, Arizona has designated the largest percentage of its land as Native American lands.
Here at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi, we’re proud to serve the great state of Arizona. We hope to see you soon!