Although many Americans face Valentine’s Day in the middle of dreary wintertime, if you live in Tucson you have no such problem. Instead, there are plenty of opportunities to turn up the romance and spend the day out and about with your loved one. Here are some Valentine’s Day date ideas in Tucson.
- Plan a picnic: Pack up a romantic picnic with all your favorite snacks, including some luscious chocolate covered strawberries. A picnic dinner can easily turn into a romantic stargazing session under the night sky, allowing you to spend some quality time together away from pesky technology. For such an evening, consider venturing to Sabino Canyon, Mount Lemmon, or a favorite outdoor spot that you and your loved one share.
- Spend the night in: If you want to avoid packed restaurants on Valentine’s Day, consider cooking a delicious dinner of your loved one’s favorite cuisine. Light some candles to make the dinner feel extra special, and take a nighttime stroll afterwards to enjoy the evening together.
- Have a surprise up your sleeve: If you and your loved one have been talking about doing something in the Tucson area for months – like trying a new restaurant or checking out a cool music venue – Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to finally do so. Surprise your loved one with a thoughtful plan that shows you’ve been listening.
If you’re looking for a ride to truly impress your date, consider a new vehicle from Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
For the new year, many of us have made resolutions to be neater and more organized. However, we often overlook our vehicles when we make such resolutions. Since we spend so much time in our cars commuting to work, running errands, and cruising around town, it’s a great idea to keep your car nice and tidy so being in it is an enjoyable experience. Here are a few easy tips to keep your car clean:
- Keep baking cups in the cupholders: Let’s face it: your vehicle’s cupholders almost definitely have crumbs in them. An easy way to keep them clean is by placing baking cups in them, which will catch future debris and make for easy cleanup.
- Keep a small duster in the glove compartment: You don’t usually think of your car getting dusty, but it definitely does. To easily pick up the dust, store a small duster in your glove compartment.
- Put important car docs in a file folder: Glove compartments are usually a mess of pertinent driving papers. A simple way to tidy this up is to get a file folder to store everything neatly. With such a system, you can easily store any future service documents.
- Get a seat cover for pets: If you often travel with your furry best friend, get a seat cover for pets, which will make it so pet hair doesn’t get stuck in the seats and passengers don’t get covered in it later.
Visit us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi if you’re looking for a new car to keep clean in 2019.
The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV was named the Green Car Journal 2019 Green SUV of the Year at the AutoMobility LA event, which was part of the Los Angeles Motor Show that took place at the end of November.
Green Car Journal recognized the Outlander PHEV as one of Mitsubishi’s many successful efforts to bring electrified vehicles to the average buyer at affordable prices. Even with a relatively low price tag, Mitsubishi doesn’t skimp on advanced hybrid electric technology, ride quality, or interior comforts.
The world’s bestselling plug-in hybrid SUV, the Outlander PHEV offers impressive utility along with powerful performance and utility. Its popularity exemplifies the growing consumer interest in vehicles that have a low impact on the environment and still emphasize practicality.
Sporting a 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine with hybrid tech, the Outlander PHEV has up to 22 miles of all-electric range, an estimated 74 MPGe, and Mitsubishi’s innovative Super All-Wheel Control system.* Plus, you can charge up the battery in seconds with DC fast charging.
The Outlander PHEV’s advanced hybrid technologies, including all-electric driving, impressed the editors at Green Car Journal, which is the most prestigious voice in the green car world. According to editor and publisher Ron Cogan, the Outlander PHEV has “clearly earned its distinction as the 2019 Green SUV of the Year.”
To learn more about the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV, contact us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
*PHEV has a combined MPG of 25. EPA mileage estimate. Actual mileage will vary.
It’s almost 2019, which means it’s time to start thinking about how we want to use this fresh start to commit ourselves to being more productive and responsible. Consider adding these New Year’s car care resolutions to your list for improved car performance.
Make a maintenance schedule—and stick to it
Routine maintenance is one of the most important parts of car ownership, but it’s also one of the most neglected. Check your manual to see what maintenance you need to get done and when, and start setting up appointments. You can even get help from your dealership or auto shop to come up with the schedule.
Keep it clean
It’s hard to find the time and energy to clean your car, especially in the winter, but it’s vital to the health of your car. Clean it out regularly, and also get regular car washes. During the winter, make sure you wash the undercarriage as well to get rid of any salt that could cause rust.
Do maintenance at home
We all say we’re going to check our fluids once a month, but how many of us actually do? Make 2019 the year you check your oil regularly, keep your washer fluid topped off, and notice when one of the fluids is draining quickly so you can fix leaks before they get dangerous and expensive.
If you need to catch up on routine maintenance, contact us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
As we get closer to Christmas, you are probably thinking about some gift ideas for your loved ones. If you have a car fan in your life, we have a perfect lineup of gifts for car lovers that are sure to please.
One of the downfalls to the traditional umbrella is how wet it makes everything after it’s folded up. This can be especially bad if you drive a car with a leather interior. Buy your car lover an innovative inverted umbrella. It has two layers and folds the wet layer into a dry layer.
Durable Floor Mats
Arizona has a lot of dirt and sand. A set of durable, all-weather floor mats can help prevent that sand from getting ground down into the carpeting. And, they are easy to clean—simply take them out and hose them down.
If you have ever tried to use your household vacuum on your car, you know how inconvenient that can be. A dedicated car vacuum, like this hand-held one comes with a variety of tools to get in all the hard to reach places.
You might not be able to afford to buy them the car of their dreams, but you can get them a high-quality model replica.
If you’re thinking of something bigger for Christmas this year with four wheels, come see us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
In the past year, you may have heard some things about something called the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance. In case you were wondering what that was, we are here to tell you.
As the name suggests, this alliance is a partnership with three worldwide automotive brands: Renault, Nissan, and Mitsubishi. The Alliance was founded in 1999 and is now the longest-lasting and most productive partnership in the auto industry.
With this alliance, all three major brands can work together to produce advanced technology, connectivity features, and other features that they can share and modify for all their various brands.
Last year, the Alliance sold a total of 10.6 million cars around the world. This equates to 1 in 9 vehicles. Of those vehicles, more than 660,000 were electric. The Alliance also employs more than 450,000 people and runs 122 manufacturing plants across the globe.
With this combined sales success, the Alliance sold more vehicles than any other automotive brand or partnership.
The Alliance works together to help sales, but also to look to the future. One of the goals of the Alliance is to increase production and sales of electrified vehicles. In addition, it is working on autonomous driving technology.
To experience the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance in person, come take a test drive at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
Mitsubishi’s August sales topped 8,400 units, a three percent sales increase over August 2017. In total, Mitsubishi has sold more than 85,000 vehicles which marks a 21-percent increase over this same time last year. The Outlander Sport crossover led the charge for the month of August, followed by the Outlander.
The 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport saw a sales increase of three percent compared to August 2017. In total, the family crossover saw just shy of 3,000 units leave dealership lots. The seven-seat Mitsubishi Outlander saw over 2,100 units sold in August 2018. The fuel-efficient Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV sold 366 units.
The Mitsubishi Mirage, which includes the Mirage G4, leapt 32 percent, jumping from 1,557 units in August 2017 to 2,048 units sold this past August. The fuel efficient hatchback and sedan models offer drivers great value thanks to their standard technologies and spacious cabins.
The all-new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross, which carries a legendary moniker, saw more than 850 units sold. Sporty styling and a premium interior set the Eclipse Cross up for success. So far this year, the new crossover has seen more than 4,500 units leave dealership lots.
Mitsubishi total 2018 sales surpassed 85,000 units, up from 70,765 units in 2017. The jump marks a 21-percent increase, and the Japanese automaker doesn’t appear to be slowing down. TO bring home your own Mitsubishi model, contact us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
Transporting holiday food in your car isn’t the easiest task, and it can really add to the holiday stress. Fortunately, getting food from one place to another isn’t all that difficult thanks to a few household items. Check out these ways to get holiday foods to family without any incidents.
Hot casserole dishes can be a pain to transport, but not if you have an extra laundry basket handy! A travel casserole dish carrier certainly goes a long way, but if don’t want to buy one, simply place the casserole pan into a laundry basket and secure it in the vehicle. The small area makes it difficult for the pan to flip.
It isn’t really a family holiday without a pie, is it? Fortunately, getting a pie to its destination isn’t all that difficult. All it takes is a little tinfoil and an extra pie pan.
Take the extra pie pan and flip it upside down to put a top on the pie. Seal the edges together with tinfoil. It might be a good idea to put the pie flat in the truck to prevent it from flipping or flying into the windshield or seat.
There’s usually a lot of food at holiday meals, so there are bound to be leftovers too. Packing those delicious leftovers away is as easy as storing everything in plastic containers. Put the containers into the laundry basket, and then head home on a full stomach!
If you want to make sure your casserole arrives at the holiday party in style, take a look at our new inventory at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
Now that school is back in session, you likely see school buses and kids out on the roads during your commute. Here are a few back to school safety tips to make sure everyone stays safe.
- Slow down. Look out for any school zones you might drive through and follow any posted speed limits.
- Get rid of distractions. Taking your eyes off the road is never a good idea, but it can be even worse when driving near a school. Children are fast and often cross the street unexpectedly. Put your phone away and keep your eyes on the road while driving.
- Check all sides. Even if your vehicle is equipped with a rearview camera, you should still thoroughly look at all sides of your car before backing up.
- Look for bicycles. Many children ride their bikes to school; however, they can be unsteady and inexperienced. Drive slowly and give cyclists at least three feet of passing space if you do drive around them. If your child bikes to school, make sure he or she wears a helmet.
- Stop completely. Many of us don’t always come to a complete stop at stop signs. If you are driving through a school zone, be extra vigilant about stopping.
If you need a new car for the school year, come see the team at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi. We’ll make sure you arrive in style.
Here in America, we love our dogs. Unfortunately, there are millions of dogs who are stuck living in shelters instead of with a loving family. That is why Mitsubishi and The Asher House have joined forces to help find homes for as many dogs as they can.
Mitsubishi donated a 2018 Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross to founder Lee Asher to use as he travels the country raising awareness and finding homes for shelter dogs. This vehicle will help him and his team devote themselves even more to the cause.
Mark Chaffin, chief operating officer, MMNA, said, “Lee started with a passion when he created The Asher House and it has become a movement to help raise awareness for rescue animals and shelters across the country; Asher’s bold decision to take action on his ambition is admirable and we’re privileged to be able to help support his mission.”
In 2017, Asher’s dedication to his passion led him to quit his job. Once he could fully devote his time to the cause, he was able to raise enough money to purchase an RV. He then started travelling across the country to host adoption events. Since he started his project, he has helped 146 dogs find new homes.
If you travel a lot with your furry best friend, contact us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi. We’ll be happy to help you find a car that’s right for both of you.