Now that school is back in session, you likely see school buses and kids out on the roads during your commute. Here are a few back to school safety tips to make sure everyone stays safe.
- Slow down. Look out for any school zones you might drive through and follow any posted speed limits.
- Get rid of distractions. Taking your eyes off the road is never a good idea, but it can be even worse when driving near a school. Children are fast and often cross the street unexpectedly. Put your phone away and keep your eyes on the road while driving.
- Check all sides. Even if your vehicle is equipped with a rearview camera, you should still thoroughly look at all sides of your car before backing up.
- Look for bicycles. Many children ride their bikes to school; however, they can be unsteady and inexperienced. Drive slowly and give cyclists at least three feet of passing space if you do drive around them. If your child bikes to school, make sure he or she wears a helmet.
- Stop completely. Many of us don’t always come to a complete stop at stop signs. If you are driving through a school zone, be extra vigilant about stopping.
If you need a new car for the school year, come see the team at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi. We’ll make sure you arrive in style.