As we get closer to Christmas, you are probably thinking about some gift ideas for your loved ones. If you have a car fan in your life, we have a perfect lineup of gifts for car lovers that are sure to please.
One of the downfalls to the traditional umbrella is how wet it makes everything after it’s folded up. This can be especially bad if you drive a car with a leather interior. Buy your car lover an innovative inverted umbrella. It has two layers and folds the wet layer into a dry layer.
Durable Floor Mats
Arizona has a lot of dirt and sand. A set of durable, all-weather floor mats can help prevent that sand from getting ground down into the carpeting. And, they are easy to clean—simply take them out and hose them down.
If you have ever tried to use your household vacuum on your car, you know how inconvenient that can be. A dedicated car vacuum, like this hand-held one comes with a variety of tools to get in all the hard to reach places.
You might not be able to afford to buy them the car of their dreams, but you can get them a high-quality model replica.
If you’re thinking of something bigger for Christmas this year with four wheels, come see us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi.
Summer is here, and it’s never fun getting stuck somewhere with broken air conditioning. Even worse is when your car’s air conditioning system stops working, making running errands and commuting to work an all-around unenjoyable experience. Sitting in the heat sweating with your legs stuck to the seat is an experience best left avoided. If you’re car’s air conditioning system hasn’t been performing as it should, or if you just want to look the system over, no time is better than at the beginning of summer. Here’s a guide on how to check your car’s air conditioning system and make sure it’s in proper working order.
- First, check the fans, the temperature of the air flow, and your car’s air filter: These are simple checks that may resolve the issue without causing a headache. Check to make sure the fans are blowing and the air coming out is cool. If very little air is coming out, you will to check your car’s air filter to make sure it’s clear and not obstructing air flow. If these checks don’t resolve the issue, move on to step 2.
- Check A/C compressor: The A/C compressor is located in the engine bay. To check to make sure that the A/C compressor is working, have your car on, the air conditioner running, and make sure that the compressor’s pulley is rotating. If it’s not, there could be a problem with the compressor and you will want to take your car into a service center to have the system looked at. If you’d like, you can add refrigerant and check for cracks in the system on your own, but it may be easier to have it looked at by a professional.
Sometimes checking your car’s air conditioning is a technical task you just don’t have time for in your busy schedule. Feel free to contact us at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi for an appointment if you need assistance.
As we become closer and closer to June and the official beginning of summer, many of us will be dreaming up summer road trips to take with friends or family members. Before setting out on your adventures, however, you should prepare your vehicle to face the heat and long hours of driving. Here are some tips on how to get your car road-trip ready for the summer months.
- Check your oil, all fluid levels, and tires: Before hitting the road, you will want to perform a few basic checks on your vehicle. You will want to check your oil, windshield wiper fluid, power steering fluid, transmission fluid, brake fluid, and coolant levels. This last one is particularly important, as it helps keep the engine cool while on the go. You will also want to check your tire pressure and tire treads, making sure your tires are adequately filled and that your tires are in good shape for long hours of driving.
- Clean or replace your cabin’s air filter: If you’ll be spending a lot of time in the car, you’ll want to make sure that your car’s air filter is clean or new (if you haven’t changed it in a couple years).
- Make sure your air conditioning is in good working order: Driving around in the heat is no fun, so you will want to check your car’s air conditioner, making sure all parts are in good shape and that it’s in proper working order.
If your vehicle isn’t quite ready for a long road trip, come see the team at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi for a new car or the repairs your current ride needs.
Summer is right around the corner and that means it’s time to prepare for the heat! Keeping your car in top condition for the season doesn’t take much work provided that you prepare. If your car has any problems, they’re likely to grow in summer due to the heat. Here’s how to prepare your car for summer from us here at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi!
- Oil – If you drive often, odds are you already change your oil. While you should follow the schedule in your owner’s manual, getting an extra oil change for summer isn’t a bad idea in the slightest. If you plan on taking long trips or towing a trailer, an oil change beforehand is highly recommended.
- Tires – Summer tires can go a long way when it comes to hot roads. Designed to provide better handling and increased fuel economy, switching your set could be beneficial if you plan on driving a lot. Either way, examine your tires for tread wear, uneven wear, and proper alignment!
- Battery – Now that the spring rains and winter freezes have come and gone, it’s time to give your battery some attention. Pop the hood and scrape away any corrosion, tighten the connections, and have a professional check to see if your charge is weak.