Summer is right around the corner and that means it’s time to prepare for the heat! Keeping your car in top condition for the season doesn’t take much work provided that you prepare. If your car has any problems, they’re likely to grow in summer due to the heat. Here’s how to prepare your car for summer from us here at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi!
- Oil – If you drive often, odds are you already change your oil. While you should follow the schedule in your owner’s manual, getting an extra oil change for summer isn’t a bad idea in the slightest. If you plan on taking long trips or towing a trailer, an oil change beforehand is highly recommended.
- Tires – Summer tires can go a long way when it comes to hot roads. Designed to provide better handling and increased fuel economy, switching your set could be beneficial if you plan on driving a lot. Either way, examine your tires for tread wear, uneven wear, and proper alignment!
- Battery – Now that the spring rains and winter freezes have come and gone, it’s time to give your battery some attention. Pop the hood and scrape away any corrosion, tighten the connections, and have a professional check to see if your charge is weak.
The all-new 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV has premiered at the 2016 New York International Auto Show, and its debut was very anticipated.
The Outlander PHEV features a highly efficient 2.0-liter gas engine and two high-performance electric motors. Mitsubishi’s superior Super All-Wheel Control system makes the Outlander PHEV more capable than ever.
Three drive modes provide ultimate versatility, with EV (full electric mode), series hybrid (electric power with generator operation), and parallel hybrid (engine power and electric motor assistance). The Outlander PHEV will provide excellent efficiency by selecting the most efficient drive mode for the road conditions.
Advanced safety and convenience features will help to keep you safe and secure, too. The Multi-Around view Camera Monitor will increase your visibility and features like pedestrian detection capability will keep you and others safe. Technology doesn’t lack, either, with Apply CarPlay and Android Auto.
“Mitsubishi’s future is crossover utility vehicles and electrified vehicles. Today we are showing the first piece of that plan,” said Don Swearingen, executive vice president, MMNA.
If you want to be a part of that future, you can see the 2017 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in fall 2016.
The color of your car says a lot about you, and the type of car you have says a lot, too. So what does the color of your Mitsubishi say about you?
Red – If you have a red Mitsubishi, it means you probably have a flare for the dramatic. You’re dynamic, outgoing and have high energy.
Orange – Orange isn’t a very popular color so you like to go outside the box. You’re probably fun-loving and talkative.
Green – If you’re behind the wheel of a green car, you’re most likely traditional, trustworthy, and well-balanced.
Blue – If you have a blue car, it means that you’re most likely confident and you tend to be a dependable leader.
Purple – If you own a purple car, you’re creative, individualistic, and original. You’re probably more right-brained than left!
White – White means that you’re probably direct and tend to be organized and like to keep your car clean.
Black – A black car is classic, which means that you probably favor elegance and power.
Of course, the color of your car might not be important to you! But do any of these seem to fit your personality? Let us know!
February may be the shortest month of the year, but Mitsubishi sold a lot of cars. In fact, Mitsubishi’s February sales were up 4.5% over last year’s sales, with a total of 7,870 vehicles sold.
Leading the sales were both the Outlander and Outlander Sport. The redesigned Outlander saw sales of 2,121 units, which was an impressive 81% increase over February 2015. It was also the crossover’s best February since 2007.
The smaller Outlander Sport had an even more impressive month with sales of 2,591—it’s best February ever!
“We’ve said it before and we are proving it to be true, the future of the Mitsubishi Motors brand lies in its CUVs,” said Don Swearingen, executive vice president, MMNA, in a statement. “Outlander Sport continues to be our sales leader and the new Outlander is proving to be quite popular with customers seeking high value and reliability in a very competitive segment.”
Come check out these two great crossovers along with the rest of the Mitsubishi lineup today at Quebedeaux Mitsubishi. We think you’ll be pleasantly surprised at what a great value their entire lineup is.
This year, Easter falls on Sunday, March 26th. If you are looking for some family fun this year, here are some Easter events near Tucson you can add to your calendar.
- Annual EGGstravaganza in Mansfield Park. On Saturday, March 26th from 10am-1pm at Mansfield Park there is the 17th annual Easter festival. There will be egg hunts, a visit from the Easter Bunny, inflatables, carnival games, food, and prizes. Admission is free.
- Easter Egg Hunt at Reid Park Zoo. Bring the kids to the zoo and find some Easter eggs, make some crafts, and see some animals. This event will be held March 25th through the 27th from 8am-9am each day. You must register and pay online in advance.
- International Wildlife Museum Eggstravaganza. Visit the museum on March 26th from 10am-12pm for a candy hunt, crafts, games, and a visit from the Easter Bunny.
Are you planning on attending any of these Easter events near Tucson this year?